Dealing with your diagnosis
Diagnosis of any cancer is extremely difficult for both the person with cancer and the people who love them. But a cancer diagnosis does not mean you are entirely without power. There are a number of resources available for individuals and families to help to cope with the diagnosis of cancer and its ramifications. (For more information, see How is mesothelioma diagnosised?)
- Coping with Diagnosis for Patients
- This is an online message board sponsored by the American Cancer Society.
- Cancer diagnosis: 11 tips for coping
- From the staff at the Mayo Clinic, here are eleven tips for coping with a cancer diagnosis.
- Dealing With a Cancer Diagnosis: Getting Beyond "Why Me?"
- On the Discovery Health web site, these suggestions for dealing with a cancer diagnosis are originally from the American Psychological Association.
Last update: December 03, 2015. 02:56:40 pm.