Receptor-Associated Protein (RAP), AmpTide(TM), may proved useful in treatment of cancers, including mesothelioma
Monday, April 16th, 2007.
Raptor Pharmaceuticals Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: RPTP.OB), today announced its quarterly financial results. As a result of several research programs and operations overhead, expenses are anticipated to increase over the next twelve months.One of the programs involves research into a novel drug used to treat mesothelioma called AmpTide(TM).
AmpTide(TM) for Lung Cancer (Mesothelioma)
Raptor Pharmaceuticals has engineered a Receptor-Associated Protein (RAP) peptide, known as AmpTide(TM), to selectively bind a critical part of matriptase, a protein that is over- produced on lung cancer (mesothelioma) cells. Matriptase has been shown to enable tumor cells to aggressively invade surrounding tissues and thereby support tumor growth. In the fourth calendar quarter of 2007, Raptor Pharmaceuticals plans to test whether AmpTide(TM) interferes with the tumor-promoting activity of matriptase. Such interference may be useful in the treatment of a variety of cancers, including mesothelioma, which are known to over-produce matriptase.
Raptor Pharmaceuticals Corp.’s sole business is its 100% ownership of Raptor Pharmaceutical Inc., an early stage biotechnology research and development company which bioengineers novel drugs and drug-targeting platforms derived from the human receptor-associated protein (RAP) and related proteins.
Recent Posts in the Same Categories
Most Recent in Drug Companies
- MolMed: NGR-hTNF: increased recruitment rate - with completion foreseen by the end of the year - in the Phase III mesothelioma trial, and new European patent granted
- Bayer HealthCare receives Orphan Drug Designation for its Anti-Cancer Agent in the U.S. for the Treatment of Mesothelioma
- Raltitrexed (Tomudex®) in Combination With Cisplatin in the Treatment of MPM Improves Overall Survival Compared to Treatment With Cisplatin Alone
- MolMed starts Phase III trial of NGR-hTNF in mesothelioma
- microRNAs Shown To Have Powerful Potential as Diagnostic and Prognostic Markers In A Variety Of Cancer Indications
Most Recent in Full Archive
Most Recent in Novel Treatments & Drugs
- Scientists Focus on Enzymes and Proteins to Develop New Treatments
- Medical Marijuana: A New Treatment for Mesothelioma?
- New Treatments Target the Immune System of Victims of Mesothelioma
- Positive Genetic Studies and Treatment for Mesothelioma Patients
- New mesothelioma treatment method may prolong the effectiveness of chemotherapy combination
Most Recent in Raptor Pharmaceuticals Corporation